Skip to main content

Zooma Summer Challenge - Weeks 4&5

The last two weeks have been challenging. Traveling and scheduling. Planning and Priorities. I am in the process of reminding myself that I matter. I matter to me as much as my husband matters to me. I matter to me as much as my children matter to me. If I don't make time to build me up, to edify me, and to calm my spirit, then who will? How good will I really be to those around me? If I don't fill myself up, how will I have anything to pour into anyone else?

Zooma Summer Challenge 2017 Swag

Well, I did it! I completed the Zooma Summer Challenge 2017. I am super proud of myself. I usually start challenges but don't finish them. I start them but them I get bored. I start them but I don't have accountability. I start them but I make excuses about my schedule. Now this time. Well not completely. I completed the ab work. I completed the planks. I did most of the running. I even tried a new workout.

The ab and plank challenge portion was rewarding. The amount of each increased by five each day. Five more crunches or sit-ups and five more seconds added onto the plank. I've attempted ab challenges in the past, but I never got all the way through them. This was different. The level of accountability was different. There was a consistent group of other women who would post that they completed the day's challenge. I wanted to post too. It didn't even matter how late it was. I popped down on the floor, even on a commercial, and got the work done.

One of my ab/plank sessions with company 😍

When I tell you that workout my brutal, please believe it. It was only 15 minutes of actual work, but baby, that work left residue. I felt like I was carrying around bricks for two days after the trial workout. What was the trial? I went to a local Crossfit gym. It was amazing and humbling all at the same time. The first 30 or so minutes was spent touring the gym and learning about the principles of Crossfit. After a short warm-up, the 15 minute clock started. Boy was I excited about hearing the buzzer. Workout over. Rest. Water. Air.

I was completely drained after just 15 minutes of Crossfit

All in all, I got work done. I'm thankful for the Zooma Summer Challenge keeping me on track and accountable for the past five weeks. I'm looking forward to seeing what lies ahead!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Purpose Over Pleasure

"I'm done!" Those were my thoughts multiple times during this weekend's half marathon. As I got further into the race, I told myself, I'm done! I am done with Zooma. I am done with long distance running. I am done with running race in temperatures above 70 degrees. I am DONE! At the start of the race, one of the first things I noticed was that the pacer's shirt read. Run Walk Run. I asked the pacer if that meant she would be doing intervals. Her response, " Yes, 2 minutes of running with 30 sec breaks at a 8:40 pace. " I was immediately intimidated but I figured I would give it a shot. I did not typically run intervals but these ladies had a tried and true method to get me to my goal time. So I tried it out. I was outside of my comfort zone but that is where growth starts, right?! I was running strong all the way through mile 9. Based on my mile time splits, I was inspired and moving right along the course. I was even smiling as I passed mile 5

Zooma Summer Challenge - Week 1

The week started off with a mid-distance run. I finished my run off with a 5 minute workout. It's such a short period of time and may sound wimpy, but let me tell you, it's pretty intense.  In fact, I don't even think I made it five whole minutes. The one thing that very much helped me this week was the start of my Zooma Summer Challenge. The Challenge is complete with meal planning tips, workouts, and motivation. The first exercise for the week was a 2 mile run. I had traveled to Miami on a 6am flight so I was not able to run in the morning and spent the day in meetings. I almost missed the day's workout but seeing all the Facebook posts encouraged me to get up and hit the treadmill...even at 10:30p. Make examples, not excuses. I knew that I could easily do 2 miles so I got up and got it done. No excuses! Running and Snapping pics can't be safe :/ The third exercise for the week was a track workout that included sprint intervals. Well, running

ReGrouping

"When you fail to plan, you plan to fail." This is sometimes the case but not always the case. I am lucky enough to know how to ReGroup4Change .  I woke up last Sunday morning thinking I would be able to go for a long run. In my mind, a long run = 10 miles or more. It's a lot, but why not?! Last Sunday, I planned to go out on a long run, but I did not put anything in place the night before. By the time I woke up and got out the house, I was already 45 minutes behind schedule. That didn't include travel time to my running spot for the day. By the time I got there I knew that I would not get 10 miles done. When the plan changes, the plan changes.  I decided to set my run timer for 1 hour. I figured I'd get in how ever many miles I could within that timeframe. I set out to run with my wireless headphones but I was so anxious to get out there that I didn't sync them with my phone before I started my timer. The headphones were disconnected. I was already