Skip to main content

Zooma Summer Challenge - Weeks 2&3

The last few weeks have been COMPLETELY crazy. On top of completing the majority of my challenge activities, I have had the following things in play:

  • State court - community partnership Stakeholder Summit to address guardianship issues (yes, I have a full-time position on top of everything else I do).

  • Spartan Super, 8 mile with 29 obstacle hilly course, 8 hours away from home.

  • Traveling every single weekend with my oldest daughter dropping her off to and picking her up from camps. 
  • We start school on August 14th so back to school planning and shopping is weighing my mind down.
This is why I missed posting last weekend. My travels got the best of me physically and mentally. I didn't have enough 'juice' to get it done. 

Needless to say, I have been working the Zooma Summer Challenge...meals, workouts, and ab challenge. Woot woot! Here are the highlights of these last two weeks. 

Instead of making excuses, make moments. Sometimes you won't feel like it. That's why accountability is so important. Find the people who will help you meet your goals. There are tons of people who want to see you meet your goals. There are a number of people who will help you meet your goals. There are some people who will push you to exceed your goal. Find them. You seeking personal accountability may help someone else stay accountable to themselves. Iron sharpens iron!
Evening Run with Support to Meet the Challenge
Embracing Other Options for Cross Training on a Budget

Accountability Partners Support Each Other's Journeys


When you set your mind to accomplish something, you can definitely get it done. In December 2016, my husband and I set a goal to complete the Spartan Trifecta, which is three Spartan races (4+ mile, 8+ mile, and 12+ mile) in 2017. A schedule conflict came up in May with one of our daughters and we thought our goal was tossed out of the window. Up until I found a way to get the second race done (on top of our other travels). With less than one month of registration and preparation, the second race in the Trifecta was completed. Sometimes, our goals seem out of reach. Before you give up on yourself, consider plan B. Find other ways to achieve your goals. 
Smiling Through the Pain and Embracing the Opportunity

There's a Past and a Future. Get ready for the Future.

Victory Comes with Patience
Physical fitness means nothing without proper nutrition. Many of us spend time walking, running, and weight training while failing to get our kitchen in order. I happen t believe the statistics that I've heard. 20% of the work happens through workouts while the other 80% happens in the kitchen. Working out regularly but eating foods that are not good for YOUR body will not reap rewards. Figure out what your body's needs and fuel it the right way. If you don't like smoothies and liquid diets, use solid foods. There's ALWAYS another option. Stop running from your possibilities.
Green Smoothies Can Make a Huge Difference in Your Mind and Body

There's Always an Alternative
Weeks 2 and 3 are in the books and I am beyond proud myself. I wanted to give up during week three but I didn't. Let's stand together and keep each other accountable for our goals. Message me for accountability options.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Purpose Over Pleasure

"I'm done!" Those were my thoughts multiple times during this weekend's half marathon. As I got further into the race, I told myself, I'm done! I am done with Zooma. I am done with long distance running. I am done with running race in temperatures above 70 degrees. I am DONE! At the start of the race, one of the first things I noticed was that the pacer's shirt read. Run Walk Run. I asked the pacer if that meant she would be doing intervals. Her response, " Yes, 2 minutes of running with 30 sec breaks at a 8:40 pace. " I was immediately intimidated but I figured I would give it a shot. I did not typically run intervals but these ladies had a tried and true method to get me to my goal time. So I tried it out. I was outside of my comfort zone but that is where growth starts, right?! I was running strong all the way through mile 9. Based on my mile time splits, I was inspired and moving right along the course. I was even smiling as I passed mile 5

Zooma Summer Challenge - Week 1

The week started off with a mid-distance run. I finished my run off with a 5 minute workout. It's such a short period of time and may sound wimpy, but let me tell you, it's pretty intense.  In fact, I don't even think I made it five whole minutes. The one thing that very much helped me this week was the start of my Zooma Summer Challenge. The Challenge is complete with meal planning tips, workouts, and motivation. The first exercise for the week was a 2 mile run. I had traveled to Miami on a 6am flight so I was not able to run in the morning and spent the day in meetings. I almost missed the day's workout but seeing all the Facebook posts encouraged me to get up and hit the treadmill...even at 10:30p. Make examples, not excuses. I knew that I could easily do 2 miles so I got up and got it done. No excuses! Running and Snapping pics can't be safe :/ The third exercise for the week was a track workout that included sprint intervals. Well, running

ReGrouping

"When you fail to plan, you plan to fail." This is sometimes the case but not always the case. I am lucky enough to know how to ReGroup4Change .  I woke up last Sunday morning thinking I would be able to go for a long run. In my mind, a long run = 10 miles or more. It's a lot, but why not?! Last Sunday, I planned to go out on a long run, but I did not put anything in place the night before. By the time I woke up and got out the house, I was already 45 minutes behind schedule. That didn't include travel time to my running spot for the day. By the time I got there I knew that I would not get 10 miles done. When the plan changes, the plan changes.  I decided to set my run timer for 1 hour. I figured I'd get in how ever many miles I could within that timeframe. I set out to run with my wireless headphones but I was so anxious to get out there that I didn't sync them with my phone before I started my timer. The headphones were disconnected. I was already