Skip to main content

New Year, New Challenge!

            I'm back!!!
 

Silence doesn't mean nothing is happening!!

I have not been posting my running journey but YES, I have been moving.

I must admit though that I have not been moving at my BEST.

During the month of March, my husband challenged me to "do" a mile per day. I ran or walked 30 out of 31 days. That was quite an accomplishment for me.
A week later, I ran a 10k.

Not just any 10k. It was a 10k with lots of hills. And baby, I was not ready. Not only had I not ran more than 4 miles in the preceding 45 days, but I also ran mostly flat surfaces.

During the race I decided that I was ready to get back to my running. I want to run the distance. I want to run my normal speed....and to get faster.

Having an opportunity to spend time alone with my thoughts earlier today reminded me that the I am in the only thing that stands in my way of taking life in full force. Life is what we make it. While I take control of my life, I challenge you to also take your life back. Instead of making excuses, my moves! We got this!

So....today! Today was the day for me to begin to take action.

Today was not just a typical day, it was a confirmation day. Just a few hours after being alone with my thoughts, I received an email that confirmed IT'S TIME!

Time to MOVE!

Even though I'm out of town, I never travel without running clothes. I decided to go down to the treadmill to match my husband's 1.81 miles for today.

When I got to mile 0.60, I was ready to call it quits.

But I didn't!

I kept going....all the way to 1.83 miles.
AND, there were inclines 😀

I did it! So can you!

What moves will you make today?



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Purpose Over Pleasure

"I'm done!" Those were my thoughts multiple times during this weekend's half marathon. As I got further into the race, I told myself, I'm done! I am done with Zooma. I am done with long distance running. I am done with running race in temperatures above 70 degrees. I am DONE! At the start of the race, one of the first things I noticed was that the pacer's shirt read. Run Walk Run. I asked the pacer if that meant she would be doing intervals. Her response, " Yes, 2 minutes of running with 30 sec breaks at a 8:40 pace. " I was immediately intimidated but I figured I would give it a shot. I did not typically run intervals but these ladies had a tried and true method to get me to my goal time. So I tried it out. I was outside of my comfort zone but that is where growth starts, right?! I was running strong all the way through mile 9. Based on my mile time splits, I was inspired and moving right along the course. I was even smiling as I passed mile 5

Zooma Summer Challenge - Week 1

The week started off with a mid-distance run. I finished my run off with a 5 minute workout. It's such a short period of time and may sound wimpy, but let me tell you, it's pretty intense.  In fact, I don't even think I made it five whole minutes. The one thing that very much helped me this week was the start of my Zooma Summer Challenge. The Challenge is complete with meal planning tips, workouts, and motivation. The first exercise for the week was a 2 mile run. I had traveled to Miami on a 6am flight so I was not able to run in the morning and spent the day in meetings. I almost missed the day's workout but seeing all the Facebook posts encouraged me to get up and hit the treadmill...even at 10:30p. Make examples, not excuses. I knew that I could easily do 2 miles so I got up and got it done. No excuses! Running and Snapping pics can't be safe :/ The third exercise for the week was a track workout that included sprint intervals. Well, running

Getting The Mojo Back

On this past Saturday I had a chance to do my first Saturday endurance run with Black Girls Run Jacksonville. It was such as great experience. No woman was left alone and there were so many paces and levels of walkers and runners. The Ambassadors had so much energy that it was contagious. I had not run more than 40 minutes in a little over a month so I was nervous but it felt so good to be out there....with a group. I completed my 60-minute run and met my goal of 6 miles. Once the run was over, I was pumped. When I got home, I started looking at my Nike Run App and realized that I was only halfway to my goal of running 62.13 miles this month. Ut oh. I did some calculations and decided that I could meet my goal if I ran 3 miles per day for the next ten days. What's 30 minutes? It's nothing. We waste 30 minutes scrolling through Facebook.  The least I could do is to commit 30 minutes per day to ME.  (How much time to yo commit to yourself daily?) So the journey began.